|Posted by SuperMomSurveys on|
Finding it difficult to be a co-sleeper with your baby?
Sleeping with a baby is difficult. Being a mom, you have to complete this task daily. And the
best part is, you cannot get away with this. So, instead of fighting with the idea of being your
baby’s co-sleeper, let’s concentrate on some tips that can help you have a good night sleep with
1. Believe: If you think that you cannot sleep with your baby, you cannot. If you think you
can, you surely can. The latter might be a bit difficult, but in a couple of days, you will be
comfortable and will sleep well in their company.
2. Good fitting nightwear for your baby: If your baby sleeps in a comfy fit, they do not get
irritated with the fitting and will be less problematic in their sleep. So, buy some perfect fit
nightwear for them. If you are planning to buy some for them, find some overstock
promo code first. There are a number of discount coupons that can be helpful in getting
an amazing discount on your purchases at Overstock.com for baby wear.
3. Lights: It is important that when your baby is sleeping during the nighttime, keep the
lights dim. When their sleep is disturbed, dim lights will help you put them back to sleep
easily. Suggested: Keep your smartphone or iPad’s backlight even low.
4. Environment: Babies love sleeping in a cold environment, which is noise-free. This is
something that might bother you the most. Turn off the air conditioner, and your baby
might be struggling to sleep. There is noise outside your room and your baby might get
up. Yes, this is difficult, but if you are there to comfort them, they will not struggle to get
back to sleep. So, being a co-sleeper, you need to take care of it.
Cases where you should avoid being your baby’s co-sleeper
There are a number of cases when you should avoid being your baby’s co-sleeper. This is
because it can affect their health. In some cases, it can lead to fatal sleeping issues and, in
some cases, can even lead to their death. You don’t want that to happen, right?
So, the cases are:
1. If you are a smoker: If you are a smoker, you should not be around your baby when they
are sleeping. Also, it is a known fact that secondhand smoking can be dangerous for
kids. Don’t put their life in danger. Stay away from them. Let them sleep with someone
2. If you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol: This is a big no-no. Being under the
influence of drugs or alcohol, you might cause harm to the baby, unintentionally. So, stay
away from the baby or stay away from drugs and alcohol.
3. If you are tired: Some can handle a number of tasks when they are tired, while some find
it really difficult. In your case, if you feel you are excessively tired and will not be able to
take care of the baby, ask someone else to sleep with the baby.
Categories: Nov. 2014